Do you fit the description of these guys?
- Have you ever wanted to take your shirt off but were embarrassed to do so?
- Have you ever made clothing choices to make your chest look smaller?
- Have you ever used tape or wraps to hide your chest?
- Do you avoid swimming?
- Do you swim with a shirt on?
- Have you ever limited your intimate moments because of your chest?
- Do you excuse yourself from outdoor activities because of your chest?
Teenagers with Gynecomastia often have a sudden drop in grades. In physical education classes, they may refuse to participate because they might be asked to remove their shirts or shower with other boys. They often withdraw socially. Many will never date or seem interested in dating.
In young adult males, there may be difficulty in maintaining relationships. They may never go swimming in public or vacation at the beach. There is usually an avoidance of outdoor activities. Sometimes there are intimacy issues with sex. Poor body image may limit partnerships or sexual engagement. There are often religiously based feelings of guilt for being ashamed of their bodies.
Men with Gynecomastia are very careful dressers. A layered look is preferential even in Summer. Loose fitting shirts with tT-Shirts are often worn with bulky outerware. Jackets and sweaters are also used to conceal the chest.
If you can relate to the descriptions, maybe you should have a consultation for gynecomastia. There are surgical options to help you feel more comfortable in and out of clothes. Paramount Plastic Surgery, the office of Keith Jeffords, MD, has the solution for you. HOPE at last.